Prevention of the Spread of Infection (POSI)
Protocol for COVID-19
The health and wellbeing of our guests, staff and anyone visiting our hotel is our highest priority and we have introduced special hygiene & prevention measures to ensure their safety.
As a hotel wetake pride in our high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
Due to the effects of COVID-19, we have enhanced further our cleanliness, hygiene and safety awareness by adopting additional measures in our hotel, in accordance with global and national public health authorities (including the directives from the World Health Organization, the National Directives and the Tour Operators protocols) which include:
- We have developed an up-to-date Prevention of Spread of Infections (POSI) System that is specifically set for the control of the spread of Covid-19.
- Our POSI System includes the formation and training of the ‘Infection Control Team’ that consists of our top management team members and their goal is to deal directly with all measures regarding the prevention of the spread of Covid-19.
- The Covid-19 Risk of Infection has been assessed and measures have been taken to minimise the risk to acceptable levels.
- Specific ‘Action Plans’ have been developed in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in our premises.
- We have set up Departmental Procedures and we have trained our staff and management by using the expertise of external consultants.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning in our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public restrooms, etc.) and we use only approved hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Every member of our staff has been specifically trained for the Covid-19 protocols.
- We have adjusted the food and beverage service in our restaurants and bars in accordance with the current food safety recommendations and protocols.
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers in all public areas.
What should you expect during your stay
It is a fact that, due to the Covid-19 measures, the way we travel is somehow different now, so we would like to inform you what you can expect during your stay with us.
- Social Distancing - SocialDistancing rules will apply to our hotel, especially in public areas, as according to the World Health Organization directives, along with personal hygiene, it is an effective measure to ensure the prevention of the spread of the Virus.
We have adjusted public areas in our hotel to help you adhere to these guidelines. During your stay, please be mindful of other guests and staff and maintain the suggested 2 meters of distance.
- Masks and Other Protective Equipment – The use of masks by guests in not obligatory. Please note that our staff will wear face coverings and gloves while serving you. Our hotel has adjusted check-in, food and beverage service timing, and other processes to allow for limited contact with our staff for your safety.
- Hotel Services and Amenities– Please keep in mind that in order to ensure your safety,some services or amenities such as pool, spas, gym, restaurants, bars and other services may be modified or suspended if required or if it is recommended by the National Protocols and Directives.
Some of other precaution measures we have adopted include, but not limited to:
- We keep a log on whoever is entering the hotel and we are checking the temperatures of all visitors, suppliers and staff before they enter the hotel.
- The access points for suppliers and visitors is limited and strictly controlled.
- We have cancelled all our banqueting events and we do not accept any outside events until further notice.
- We have enhanced our cleaning and sanitizing programs throughout the entire hotel including all rooms, public areas, back of house areas and elevators, room keys and touch points such as door handles, handrails, buttons etc.
- We have minimised the contact during check-in/ check-out to the absolutely necessary and we monitor that the social distance is kept.
- Protective screen is installed on the front desk
- Keys and key cards are disinfected after return
- Guests are advised to keep social distance all times
- We have set a ‘Cleaning Task Force’ team that will deal with cleaning in the event of a confirmed infection.
- We have increased the frequency of disinfection in all public areas including, but not limited to, handrails, elevator buttons, countertops and door handles, remote controls and all other surfaces and touch points in guestrooms, and public areas
- All rooms are disinfected before each arrival.
- All cleaning staff will wear face masks and single use rubber gloves.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are placed in visible points in all public areas such as the lift area, the lobby, public toilets, restaurants, bars and reception.
Restaurant and Bars
- The restaurant tables have been arranged in order to ensure social distance between tables as stated by the current protocols.
- All tables and chair arms are disinfected before they are used by a new guest.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at the buffet displays.
- Food service will be strictly controlled and either serviced buffet method will apply or plate service.
- Hand sanitizers for guests and colleagues are available in all restaurants entrances
- Hand sanitizers for guests are available at each buffet section and social distance signs posted in the buffet area.
- Buffet ladles and buffet service equipment changed every 30 minutes.
- All chinaware, glassware and cutlery are sterilized using a high temperature washing machine and sanitizer.
- All beverages at the bars, lunch and dinner will be served (no beverage self-service) until further notice.
- All service staff will wear face masks and single use rubber gloves.
- The pools water PH & CL is checked frequently.
- Proper distance of 2m is ensured between sunbeds
- Sunbeds and umbrella side tables are disinfected before being used by a new guest.
Your safety is our primary concern!
We are committed to ensure your safety and we will continue to monitor closely the protocols as directed by the Local Authorities and the World Health Organization and act accordingly without any compromises!
Please note that the above are subject to change according to national protocols as announced by the Public Health Service Department.